laser pocket disinfection
Laser Pocket Disinfection (LPD)
- Kills bacteria and disrupts biofilm to reduce inflammation
- No shots needed
- Maintain healthy gums and avoid progression of gum disease
- No antibiotics needed, avoids antibiotic resistance
- The laser light can reach and destroy bacteria up to 6mm beyond the surface to help prevent bacteria from spreading back into the pocket
- Safe for medically compromised patients, those on blood thinners, or those with diabetes
Frequently Asked Questions About LPD
By removing the inflammation, your body has the energy to heal naturally. The laser light kills bacteria and creates a clean environment for healing.
If you have gingivitis, LPD can help reverse symptoms. LPD can also be used to treat patients on a perio-maintenance program.
Not at all! LPD is a quick and painless. If you are very sensitive, a topical anesthetic may be used.
There are no known side-effects of LPD in over 25 years of therapy, just bigger smiles. The treatment is safe for use around crowns, bridges, sealants, and implants.
LPD is beneficial to patients who have recently had surgery, or are scheduled to have surgery to reduce bacteria that may enter the bloodstream.
Gum disease has been linked to serious health concerns including heart disease, stroke, diabetes, pre-term birth, certain cancers & more.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I went to your office at 8AM on Monday the 15th. I needed help for an irritating toothache. Even though I was a first time patient, you took me in immediately. I was treated with concern and kindness by everyone. You solved my problem and I appreciate it. Thank you for everything.